Tuesday, October 4, 2016

A vote for Clinton...


I got my absentee ballot already!  I pledged my vote to the winner of my US foreign policy course vote.  Hillary Clinton won in a landslide.  Bernie Sanders got more votes (3) as a write in candidate than Trump (2).  Had I not pledged my vote, I would be voting for Clinton anyway. Competent, hard working lady who receives positive reviews from those who have worked with her in the past.  She isn't a perfect candidate but considering the circumstances the country finds itself in, America could do worse than voting for a competent candidate.  Clinton's time as secretary of state was a bit ho hum, but she did some very good things too.  For example her focus on women's rights is commendable, even if she could have been more consistent.  The funny thing about Clinton is that she gets beat up quite a bit.  She's a bad candidate, she's not trustworthy, she's corrupt, she has a cough.  She's this or she's that.  That might be all true but the person she is running against is Donald Trump! Now I don't want to be overly dramatic, Trump still grades out well when compared to the leaders of some countries (though not in every category).  But I've got two little girls and I'd like to leave behind a normal planet for them.  To sum up, I hope the world never has to find out the full consequences of a Trump presidency.  Good luck Hillary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment