Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The best 10 pounds!


The highlight of the summer was our trip to the US for almost 4 weeks.  It was great to see family and to be at home.  Just like previous years I gain about a kilo a week.  All in all I gained about 10 pounds, maybe a bit more.  Here are some of my highlights!

I'll start off with the food. As the years go on more ane more products are available in Estonia.  The peanut butter selection is excellent and they now sell Reese's peanut butter cups.  That said, it is still great to come home and enjoy the food. 



Fried chicken and lemonade for example are some of the things that are not available, or are at least extremely hard to fine.

 This is us at the Victor emporium, they have incredible milk shake.  In Estonia milk shakes (jäätiskokteil) is made with juice.  The amount of ice cream is significantly less, so it is more of a smoothy.  To top it off they are expensive.  I had three milk shakes at the emporium, probably should have stopped at 2 but they were just so good.  My favorite meal is a cheese burger with a milk shake.


 While in Victor we went for a white water rafting trip.  I haven't been on one of those for years.  I got a seat in the back which meant I avoided most of the water!  I felt sorry for those in the front!




We went on the Bar T 5 wagon ride and dinner.  I hadn't been for years.  The show was exactly the same, it brought back good memories.

We stopped by the Idaho Falls temple on the way up to Victor, it was closed for renovation but still pretty.  They have a visitor's center but our kids liked to just run around outside.


What made the trip awesome was coming with the entire family.  Watching our kids have fun with cousins and grandma and grandpa was fun.  This is our first kid having a root beer float with a cousin.







Our kids favorite activity was playing with the neighbors dogs.  One was named Bernie, I'm not sure what the other was named but if the dogs were out then so were our kids. 


Cousins are awesome! Even with a big age gap they had fun together.




Other than the trip to Victor we just enjoyed being home in Twin Falls.  One favorite activity was hanging out in the pool.



When I go back to visit Twin Falls I'm always amazed at what a beautiful and special place it is.  Shoshone Falls is gorgeous.



I ran into a good friend at Church, Sean Edmunds who now lives in Salt Lake City. He was visiting that weekend too.  Another highlight was seeing my best friend from high school and middle school Eric Allan.  It had been about 6-7 years since I had seen him.  I forgot to take a picture though.

On the way back we stopped off in Logan to see my grandma.  Our oldest kid is jumping out of the picture, that is a good way of showing her energy, she is a very active kid.  My aunt Barbara made home made cookies and had ice cream, it was a great way to end the trip.

The morning before we flew back to Estonia we went to the Hogle Zoo. It was a lot of fun. 


It went by very fast.  It's a big trip that is a lot bigger with two little kids.  We probably won't be making it for a while so if we missed you feel free to come visit us in Estonia!





1 comment: