Thursday, July 16, 2015

No bake cookies, European style

Our daughter has a minor peanut allergy which means that she has never been able to eat no bake cookies.  Maris doesn't like them (too sugary) so that means I have to eat them all by my self when I make them.  It makes me feel a little guilty, but not guilty enough to make a different type of cookie or to stop making them.  Family solidarity is nice, but no bake cookies are nicer.  I had planned to replace the peanut butter with almond butter one day but it hasn't happened.  Then one magical day Maris found a recipe for Nutella no bake cookies!  You can find it here.  They just replaced the peanut butter with Nutella, and they taste great! Watching my daughter eat her first no bake cookie was priceless, she loved them.  Of course since she is small she only got a few bites and Maris still thought they were sugary so I basically ate them all and felt great doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment