Sunday, October 6, 2013

No new temples, just good messages



It is conference weekend and three of the five sessions are now over.  They didn't announce any new temples, so the last blog entry was for naught, but there were some pretty good talks!  One of my favorites was President Uchtdorf.  He has a special gift to connect and inspire people.  I thought Elder Bednar's talk on tithing and church finances was very good too.  Elder Dube's talk on faith was also inspiring.  We have some wonderful brethren in our branch from Africa and they have a similar rock solid faith.  Of course I was also happy to hear Gifford Nielson talk about football.  As with every general conference, I feel a desire to be a better person and I feel happy to be a member of a church with inspired leaders.

No comments:

Post a Comment