Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Baltic Youth Conference

Youth Conference was really good! It was one of the most spiritual events I have ever been to. Matthew and I were the country couple responsible for the blue group - the oldest youth. We were building counselors and our job was to support YSAs who mainly worked with all the youth, and make people feel loved and encouraged. Our youth were really nice kids from Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. They were talented, spiritual, active and funny. It was such a privilege to work with them, as well as with our YSAs.

The conference was 5 days long, on Saturday we all went back to our countries.

We  had all the leaders from three countries there to teach lessons, give talks etc, for example our wonderful mission president Boswell. We were responsible for planning and carrying out some activities, like For the Strength of Youth activity (15 min lessons about certain standards, different couples teaching), variety show tryouts and the show itself, evening devotional etc. We all had plenty of assignments. I got tired quite fast on some days but fortunately I could take naps if needed. People were really nice to be because of my special needs :D

The food was good, too. We had Latvian food every day, kind of similar to Estonian food. We ate potato salad for breakfast, pastries every night and so forth.

The most awesome thing was to see all my girls sharing their testimonies during the testimony meeting! Some had never done it. Some got their testimony of the Church during the conference! One girl said, "It took me 6 years to know for sure that this Church is true." You can imagine how teary-eyed I was.

I love Baltic youth conference!






I wanted to add a couple more photos of a little friend I met at the conference:



No comments:

Post a Comment