Thursday, February 14, 2013

Super Bowl Monday




Tough loss eh? It has taken me a while to get over the Super Bowl loss. I just love the 49ers so much, and after 18 years they finally got to the Super Bowl to fall 5 yards short. From a talent standpoint the 49ers were a better team, they just didn't get it done. But it was a great season and a great game. The 49ers have a good young team that should be good for the next 5 years or so. So the next 18 years should be much better than the last 18 years.


I don't get too many chances to wear my Steve Young jersey, but the super bowl is certainly one of those time!
 In Estonia the Super Bowl started Monday Morning at 1:30.  We got ready the night before and had a pretty good set up.  Not as nice as the Angell's or Emily and Eliot's, but good enough for us.  To my amazement Maris wanted to watch the game too!  What a blessing.  First Star Trek and now the Super Bowl.  Life just keeps getting better.  I think Maris was more interested in the commercials and half time show and didn't last for the entire game (6:00 AM) but it was a nice date morning.  We missed the first play of the game (too bad for me) and Alicia Keys singing the national anthom (too bad for Maris).  The game started right at 1:30! I always remember the Super Bowl starting about 20 minutes after it was supposed to start. 

 We had some good snacks including bacon flavored bread sticks.  It gave Maris heart burn and me an upset stomach, but man it was good.  We had a dip mix made from Estonian sour cream, amazing.  I definitely want to do that again in the future.  It is like heaven in a bowl.  It reminded me of New Year's eve as a missionary, we weren't allowed to go outside because of area rules (missionaries are drunk magnates) so we had a 24 hour lock down and watched (with permission) all sorts of G rated Disney movies.  We also had tons of snacks, including a few pounds of dip. 

 We got the NFL gamepass which was 8 euros, I also had access to the NFL network for the week before the game.  Usually their prices are super expensive but luckily it worked out for the Super Bowl. 


No comments:

Post a Comment