Sunday, November 4, 2012

A great week in Salt Lake City

 Recently I got to go to a conference in Salt Lake City for work.  It was at the University of Utah and co-sponsored by BYU.  I had never really been to the U before (just once a long time ago for a gymnastics event).  The campus was beautiful!  The conference took place in a new building for the humanities, it was awesome.  The conference was very small and the presentations were on a wide variety of stuff.  All in all it was a good conference, my presentation went well and now I am hoping to publish my paper in a journal they produce from the conference, we'll have to wait and see how that goes.

 
 When I got to Salt Lake it was really cold, and then it snowed!  The same day it also snowed in Estonia, but in Salt Lake it melted within 2 days.  It took Estonia about 2 weeks before it melted.  Now it is a little warmer, no snow but rainy. 
 The best part of the week was seeing family!  My parents came down and met me at the airport. My brother Jeff and sister Lynne also came up for it.  My uncle David happened to be in Salt Lake for business, so we got to go out to eat at the Cheesecake factory, a great place for Cheesecake! We went out to eat with my uncle Brian as well at the Macaroni Grill. 



 


 We also met up with a lot of relatives at Madox's steak house, classic!
 I met up with my Buddy Bryant and his wife Rachelle, we ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory.  You'll notice a pattern, lots of eating out!  It was a great week.
 
 We went to BYU and I saw an old buddy Collin and my sister Lynne.



In Utah they have a drink called Apple Beer, it isn't really beer, it is just an apple flavored pop!  It is great.  
 
 
 Another awesome part of the trip was getting to experience Halloween!  I forgot how much people celebrate it in the US.  This is a table my mom set up in our hotel room!


 They had some killer pumpkins too!


 Salt Lake is always an awesome city to be in, this is a mural on the side of one of the buildings there.


 This was an old church building where I went to Church last Sunday, it was pretty cool.

 
 We even had time to fit a Jazz game in!  I love the Jazz.  This was their last preseason game and they won.  This is one of my favorite Jazz games in recent memory!

 





No comments:

Post a Comment