Friday, March 16, 2012

Back to Brussels!

I recently got back from a short trip to Brussels.  I got invited to go to a meeting for Baltic academics.  I'm not sure how I ended up with the invitation, but I am glad I got it.  The NATO meeting was pretty cool, we had speakers talk to us on many different topics like smart defense, missile defense, and their political agenda.  The NATO public diplomacy paid for everything which was pretty nice. 


 The first thing I did when I got there was go get some fries! They were pretty good, I loved the sauce. 

 Right after I finished up with the fries I went and got a Belgium waffle, it was good (and expensive)


 I got to go walk around the palace square a little bit, it is so pretty.  I forgot how beautiful it is. 

 This was the view from my apartment window.  NATO wasn't too concerned about budgets.  They also gave us some free stuff like a 4 GB flash drive.

This is a secret picture I took, they wouldn't let me take one when I entered the gate but I got one while driving away.  All in all it was a great trip.  It had been 6 years since I was in Brussels last time!  Hopefully I will be able to go back sooner than that next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment