Sunday, October 30, 2011

London calling



This last week we went to London! My parents and brother came from the states and my sister and Maris' sister were already living in London. It was the perfect family reunion. I thought about doing 10 different blogs about the trip because usually I don't have anything to blog about, but I decided to do this all in one big blog! Here is a nice happy family picture of us all at Windsor castle. It was big and beautiful and the Queen of England still lives there! I would have thrown her out years ago, but I guess the Brits are ok with letting their royalty spend their tax dollars on extravagant living. There are worse things a country could do with their tax money.

We were glad to see Kadi and Tommoso, we went with them to Kew gardens, it was awesome. Maris had a great time with Kadi.




Since space is limited, this picture gives you a shot of the tower bridge and a double decker bus!

We did a lot of stuff and saw a lot of interesting places. One place was the Churchill war rooms museum. England is a great place to learn about WWII, it was a pretty crazy war.

I only had one pair of shoes on the trip, so I didn't recycle mine, but otherwise a good idea, why throw away a pair of old shoes when you can recycle them!



This is in Hyde park, Maris took a great picture of a guy and a lot of birds!

The BYU-London center! three of the five kids have gone here for a study abroad, this was my first time visiting the center. It is a nice place.

This is at Windsor castle, beautiful tree, the castle isn't bad either :)

One of the best parts of any trip is the Estonian airport. I know that sounds weird, but it is true. It is really small and really nice. There is free Wifi and nice seats everywhere. This time we got to sit in these really comfortable chairs looking out a big window.

My favorite part of the trip was spending time with family and going to church. Lynne gave a great talk and the primary kids were super cute. With all the royal graves, castles and crown jewels it was easy to remember what is important in life and the point of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment