Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tartu!

After Tallinn we went to Tartu and Tõrva! We had a great time. This was a great picture taken on the town hall.

In Tartu we met Liisi, Liina, and Katrin, they lived in our home during the summer while they were selling books, it was great to see them again!!


This was in St. John's church, I hadn't been inside before it was beautiful! It was fully restored in 2004 but is from the 1300s

Mom played "we thank thee oh God for a Prophet" and another Christmas hymn! I bet this was the oldest building Mom has played the Organ in


This is not St. John's church, but it is another awesome building in Tartu, half of it is restored and is a museum of history now, the other half has some towers that people can climb up. This was on my to do list before I moved away from Tartu, I went up in the towers in June. Maris' graduation was also here.


I don't have the pictures from our visit to Tõrva, they are on Mom and Dad's camera. We had a nice time seeing Maris' family and seeing where she grew up. Thanks Mom and Dad for the great visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment