Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wedding Quilt!




Twas the week before the wedding and all through the house, not a creature was stiring, not even the loud russian neighbors. The bathroom was cleaned by someone special with care, because the Crandall's would soon be there.

The happy couple were snuggled in their seperate beds, while dreams of Reeses' peanut butter cups danced through their heads. Maris with her scarf and me with my hat, had set off for the hotel to see where the Reeses' peanut butter cups were at.

When out of the suitcase there arose such a bag, so much candy a normal man would gag. Away with the wrappers I wanted the candy, an incredible wedding present this was a dandy.

The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow, gave the luster of mid-day to objects below. When what to my wondering eye should appear, but lots of bags, more wedding presents were here!

With Mom's glowing look focussed on her son, I knew in a moment that the wedding quilt was done! More rapid than eagles the quilt had been framed, and she whistled and shouted and called her quilting friends by name.

Now Sylvia, now Joline, now Peggy, now Robin, On Trace, On Lynne, this quilt is only for kin!
Look at the quilt, what fine art, this was not a product of Wal-mart!

Such a quilt was an obsticale for sure, this was made from scratch, not from fur.
So up to Washington the quilt flew, to get some stiching and expertese too.

And then in a twinkling I saw the back, a beautiful picture, was there anything this quilt didn't lack? As I drew my head, and was turning around, out of more bags came pillows with a bound.

A big one, a small one, a long one too, they matched the quilt wohoo!
A bundle of pillows flung on mom's back, she looked like a peddler just opening her pack.
My eyes how they twinkled, my dimples how mery, my cheeks were like roses, my nose like a chery. The droll of my mouth was drawn up like a bow, a wedding quilt as clean as the fresh snow.

The stump of a fruit roll up I held tight in my teeth, and the wrappers encircled my feet like a wreath. I had a happy face and a soon to be small belly, that will surley shake when I laugh like a bowl full of jelly!
I thought about being chubby, and plump, would I then be a ship Maris would want to jump? A wink of her eye and a twist of her head, soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

She spoke not a word, held up the blanket and smiled real wide. It was picture time with no where to hide. We now flaunt our pictures of our wedding quilt, we now will not feel any guilt.

The quilt lies now on my great bed, waiting each night for me to lay down my head.
and if you listen you can hear me say each night, Thank you for the wedding quilt, you did it just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment